No quick fix for losing license, so try public transportation

Sgt. Chris Yagelski

Q: I lived in Kentucky and I couldn’t afford insurance on my car, and I got into a couple of accidents. The State of Indiana won’t give me a driver’s license because I have not paid the accidents off in Kentucky. I am a single mother working full time, so I need to get back and forth to work. Is there a waiver I can get or something you can do? How can I get anything done being a mom without a license?

A: Public transportation. Unfortunately, there is no waiver or quick cure. Insurance is a requirement both in Kentucky and Indiana. You regrettably created the problem, now you must live with the consequences.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.