This month my class was assigned to write an essay or poem to honor Black History Month. I chose to write a poem. I also chose to write about more than one person and to honor many civil rights activists in my poem. I liked this project a lot because it gave me a chance to write about my ethnicity and what we went through many years ago.
Kierra Newson is an eighth grade at Krueger Middle School. In the Middle is a monthly column by middle school students at Michigan City Area Schools.
- Michigan City school board approves plan to reopen schools to students on Oct. 19
- Former Westville student to be inducted into Indiana Bar Association
- La Porte schools have 3 positive COVID-19 cases, but officials say things going well
- Human case of Eastern equine encephalitis reported in La Porte County
- Historic building in Michigan City's Elston Grove gets $700K facelift
- 90-year-old Michigan City man pleads guilty in child molestation case
- Woman in serious condition after being struck by SUV in Michigan City
- Woman charged with theft of $75K from Michigan City Police Pension Fund
- Two injured, two arrested in separate OWI crashes in La Porte County
- Michigan City wants to identify and advance the careers of its best teachers
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.