This month my class was assigned to write an essay or poem to honor Black History Month. I chose to write a poem. I also chose to write about more than one person and to honor many civil rights activists in my poem. I liked this project a lot because it gave me a chance to write about my ethnicity and what we went through many years ago.
Kierra Newson is an eighth grade at Krueger Middle School. In the Middle is a monthly column by middle school students at Michigan City Area Schools.
- Former Michigan City mayor charged with leaving scene of accident, resisting arrest
- Suspect shot after opening fire on La Porte County deputies in Springfield Township
- City rolls up school-record 111 points in rout of neighboring Marquette
- Michigan City considers eminent domain for 'station block' properties on site of new South Shore station
- La Porte County tops 5,000 cases of COVID-19, and nears 100 pandemic deaths
- Michigan City breaks the century mark again; dims Lighthouse
- Michigan City Snowflake Parade canceled, but Festival of Lights will begin Saturday
- Michigan City 12U Pop Warner team headed to national championship in Florida
- Commissioners want La Porte County employees to get $1,500 COVID-19 hazard bonus
- Century-old mementos revealed from St. Anthony Hospital time capsules
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.