The La Porte and New Prairie schools and communities held a pep rally on Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2014 in the Slicer Gym to honor and show support for the football teams in their quest for a state championship.
Both teams were recognized as this is an historic event for both the Slicers and Cougars.
New Prairie plays New Palestine at 2:30 p.m. Central Time on Friday and La Porte plays Indianapolis Cathedral on Saturday at 6 p.m. Central Time.
Tickets for the state finals are on sale at the New Prairie and La Porte athletic departments.
La Porte is out of school for Thanksgiving break on Wednesday, but the athletic office will be open from 8 a.m.until noon on Wednesday and again from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. for those individuals that would like to purchase tickets in advance.
Wednesday will be the last available day to pre-purchase tickets for state.
- Michigan City man killed in rollover crash in Springfield Township
- La Porte residents can get rid of large trash items from Nov. 2-6
- Michigan City sex offenders arrested following non-compliance sweep
- 51 more COVID-19 deaths reported in Indiana, 3 in La Porte County
- Michigan City woman to stand trial for allegedly stealing $75K from police pension fund
- Expansion of Michigan City commission on Black males leads to first mayoral veto
- Paintball 'prank' nearly turns deadly as real shots fired in Michigan City
- Paranormal activity in La Porte County included in book on haunted Indiana cemeteries
- Six MCPD officers honored by chief for leadership and professionalism during May protest
- Parolees warned to stay home, turn off lights, avoid celebrating Halloween
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.