• 0

Earn while you learn training programs

  • 0

Indiana State Prison inmates are pictured in 1904. The first Indiana State Prison was built in Jeffersonville in 1822. In 1858, 102 acres were purchased for a second prison in Michigan City. Both prisons were named Indiana State Prison, originally known as Prison North and Prison South. In 1…

  • 0

Temporary busing from South Bend to Gary

  • 0

41 more COVID-19 cases in LP County

  • 0

Anita King was born Anna Keppen in Michigan City on Aug. 14, 1884. She was the seventh of nine children born to Herman and Matilda Jipp Keppen, who had emigrated from Germany in 1872.

  • 0

Andrew Bauer, right, has been promoted to Correctional Sergeant at the Indiana State Prison. Sgt. Bauer began his career with the Indiana Department of Correction on Feb. 16, 2017, has completed training in “Order in the Court” and is qualified with firearms. He is Quick Response Trained and…

  • 0

Pictured here are three St. John’s pastors, Rev. G. Kuechle at left, Rev. George Link Jr., center, with Rev. R. Tramm or Rev. George Link Sr. at right. Rev. G. Kuechle came to St. John’s in 1867 and remained there until 1872. Rev. Link Jr. came to St. John’s as pastor in 1890. His father, Ge…

  • 0

VALPARAISO — For healthcare organizations, the pandemic has demonstrated how interconnected we all are, the impact each one of us can have and the benefit of working together for a common cause, according to the CEO of Northwest Health.

  • 0

Wheel Throwing children’s pottery class

  • 0

COVID-19 has been the culprit of many canceled or postponed events, but as things begin to open back up, the joyous events are happening again.

  • 0

Jessica Knotts and Darold “Del” Gene Gieser III are proud to announce the birth of their son, Darold “Dexter” Gene Gieser IV, on Feb. 27 at La Porte Hospital. He weighed 5 pounds, 9 ounces, and is the brother of Liam W. A. McCarty, 11, and Audrey R. McCarty, 9.

  • 0

City seeks proposals for bus shelters

  • 0

The newly constructed Michigan City high school in 1909 on the corner of Detroit and Lafayette streets became the second high school. It was named in honor of Isaac C. Elston, and classes began in 1910. It became the junior high when the third Michigan City high school was built in 1924, wit…