Q. I am 16 years old and not happy at home. My buddy is moving to Florida and said I can go along with him. Is this considered running away? Can I get into legal trouble doing this?

A: Yes, you can! You are not an adult and you have to obey your parents. If you leave home without permission (especially out of state), you can be arrested, detained and returned to your parents (your parents will have to travel to pick you up) or taken to a juvenile detention facility (jail). Home doesn’t sound so bad huh?

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.