Remember when

The Michigan City YMCA was initially organized in 1907 by Mr. and Mrs. John Barker. Construction began in 1909 and was completed by 1912. It initially contained a gymnasium, swimming pool and bowling alley. The bowling lanes were replaced by handball courts. It was located at the southeast corner of 7th and Washington streets, now an empty corner. A new building was later built on Coolspring, which closed in 2007.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.