Remember when

The Wellnitz House, pictured here in 1922, was the first permanent cottage built on Sheridan Beach. It was built in 1905 by Otto A. Wellnitz, a Michigan City baker with his business located at 320-322 Franklin St. The house stood east of Washington Park. Later, Otto A.’s son, Otto H., took over the bakery.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.