Remember When

This round barn, circa 1970, in Johnson Township was built by Charles Young in 1913, 1917 or 1922. It was 62 feet in diameter and had a central silo. In Indiana, between 1874 and 1936, 152 true circle round barns were built – 77 of those were still in existence in 1993. Other configurations in Indiana included barns with 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14 and 16 sides.

(1) comment

P.Marsh

This Barn was last owned by Ted and Irma Jean Daube.

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.