Remember when

The Hermitage Social Club was built in 1893. Martin Krueger bought the land in the area of Stop 5 in 1890 to build a religious center. Instead, it became a social club, the “Hermit’s Club.” The property was sold around 1905. In 1919 or 1920, Haskell & Barker purchased the property for a social club for its employees. Later, it was used as a rest home and health spa. The building was destroyed by arson on Nov. 1, 1978.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.