Remember when

La Porte Mayor Emmet Hoyt Scott is seen standing in the foreground of La Porte Water Works. The man in the background near the door is unidentified, but may be George H. Storey, a superintendent for 18 years. The Water Works building was completed in 1870 by Dr. L. Rose and used the popular Holly Water Works system until 1896.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.