JACKSON Twp. — A house fire in an unincorporated area near Westville left one resident hospitalized and the family’s pets dead, according to authorities.

The fire broke out in an occupied residence while the family and several pets were home just before 7 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 12, according to a statement from the Liberty Township Fire Department. The home is located in the 800 North block of CR-500E in Porter County’s Jackson Township, about two miles west of Westville.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.