Indiana University Kinsey Institute
- Arleigh Rodgers - staff, AP
As featured on
Unfounded claims about Indiana University’s sex research institute, its founder and child sex abuse have been so persistent over the years that when the Legislature prohibited the institute from using state dollars, one lawmaker hailed the move as “long overdue.” Now, funding from the university remains unclear, but the largely symbolic move does not halt the Kinsey Institute’s work, which ranges from studies on sexual assault prevention to contraception use among women. Researchers tell The Associated Press the Republican-dominated Legislature’s February decision is based on an enduring, fundamental misunderstanding of their work. They say it's a false narrative they cannot shake despite efforts to correct such misinformation.
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
- La Porte County mourns loss of Erik Tannehill, popular chef and advocate for the homeless
- 10 years later, geology professor discusses what was learned after 'Miracle on Mt. Baldy'
- Indiana State trooper downs record 16 donuts to win Michigan City Salvation Army contest
- Three flat tires don't stop wrong-way driver during U.S. 30 chase in La Porte and Starke counties
- Driver abandons vehicle in pond in Galena Township
- Michigan City High School's Class of 2023 ready for the next chapter
- Foodies get their fill at Michigan City Food Truck Festival
- 'What you have is absolutely unique': Creating a vision for housing in downtown La Porte
- Michigan City High School Class of 2023 Graduates of Distinction
- Out of control Porsche knocks house partially off foundation in New Carlisle
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.
Don Briggs said:Mrozinski's right. We have a highly qualified HR Director. She is community-based. She's been doing an outstanding job. This is an example of …
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.